Each quarter we honor and recognize an individual that made a positive impact in working towards stopping family violence. 1st Quarter 2018's recipient is Vanessa Greene. Please take a moment to learn more about her amazing work below!
We encourage and appreciate nominations for Advocate Of The Quarter. Please download the form below and submit it to email@example.com.
Vanessa Greene has over 42 years of public service. She has worked as Domestic Violence Facilitator, Social Services, Case Management, Substance Abuse Treatment Assessment and Law Enforcement. Vanessa has been a diligent worker in all services that she touches. She worked with the Hampton Roads Military and Civilian Family Violence Prevention Council for over 8 years as Coordinator and Co-Chairperson. Since her retirement from Suffolk Social Services, she works with Veterans in Southampton County Area.
• Board of Director’s - Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia
• Volunteer lecturer and advocate of Domestic Violence for the Genieve Shelter
• Team Leader/Probation Officer, Eastern Virginia Day Reporting Center
• Probation Officer, Portsmouth Adult Probation and Parole Case Load 120
• Guest Lecturer, Old Dominion University – Sociology/Criminal Justice
• Surveillance Officer, Portsmouth Adult Probation and Parole
• Corrections Rehabilitation Counselor II, Tidewater Detention Center for Women
• Counselor/Mentor, Family Redirections Institute
• Social Work Intern, Portsmouth Department of Social Services
• Special Assignment - Federal Task Force Agent - Drug Enforcement Administration
• Police Detective – Vice, Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs, Portsmouth, VA
• Master Police Officer, Portsmouth, VA Police Department
• Crime Prevention Practitioner, Portsmouth, VA Police Department
• Police Officer, Portsmouth, VA Police Department